How To Manage Without Maid | Indian Home Maker

Someone who was a new acquaintance to me asked a very casual question the other day. She asked, "Do you work?" And i was shouting out loud inside, "No! Not Again!" Because this is one question that i hate the most. I wanted to just answer her bluntly and impolitely with all the frustration within me shouting out loud to be just vented out and say, "Yes! I do. How do you think my home runs in complete functionality, without me working towards it?"

But then, my reply was : "No, I am a Home-Maker".



Sadly, this is the mentality of some people in our society. If a lady opts to go out for a job and gets some financial earnings, only then it is termed as "work". Otherwise it is as good as you don't work. How fair is this kind of mentality? A lady who readily chooses to stay at home and give complete attention to everyone else's needs and build a beautiful foundation for their day is termed as someone who doesn't go to work. It is the personal choice of every lady who either chooses to go out of the home for a job or stays back and takes care of the home, which is of course a "job" too. So judging ladies on the basis of such bifurcation is totally unfair in my view. I hope most of you who deal with this kind of treatment will certainly agree with my point of view.

I am a post graduate with MBA in HR. But i consciously chose to be a SAHM. Because i genuinely find this "job" more fruitful and satisfying than going elsewhere to build a career. As i said it is a personal choice and we must really come out of our mentality of categorizing people. I am very passionate about being a home-maker. There can be nothing more exciting and challenging "job" on earth, other than this. Here, you don't get paid in terms of money. It is the love and appreciation that you earn at the end of the day. You don't really get any kind of monetary incentives, but still you need to stay motivated and be on duty. This job demands immense passion and commitment.

I have started this blog to send a clear message and influence ladies like me who have taken up home-making as their priority in life. The message is, "Be proud of what you are doing. Be a boss. Take pride in what you are doing."

Just like any other job, we need to prepare, plan and execute. Just like how we will be answerable to the management and bosses in the offices if we opt to work outside our homes for the completion of meeting the deadlines to various projects, we need to be answerable to ourselves for finishing our projects at home. We need to maintain planners and stay on top of all the chores that our homes demand. 

Treat home-making as a "job". A full time "job"

I personally, dont like hiring a maid for my home chores. It is my personal choice. So i make sure that i plan my work in a way that proves to be helpful in keeping my home completely functional all the time.
I have my own youtube channel and i am now working as a full time youtuber and creating various home-making related contents. In my very first upload on my channel, i have attempted at trying to show how i manage my home chores without the help of a maid.
My intention is to influence ladies and share my experiences of being a home-maker. I want to take this concept of home-making, one step ahead and encourage people to treat it as a "job" actually.

Please visit my channel by clicking the link below and lets all together build a community of our own to discuss and plan things related to home-making.


 


Comments

  1. Congratulations on your blog, it is very professional! I agree with everything you say about being a home maker - it is a very important role, and should be carried out with enthusiasm. Your YouTube videos are a delight to watch, and I am sure many ladies in India will be inspired by them to do their best in home making :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a huge compliment for me. Thank You so very much. Your kind words have made me put more efforts from today. I am very passionate about my job and having the fortune of being in the company of beautiful and experienced people like you will be a blessing for me to learn more and understand life at large. Thanks a lot for your kind words. Means a lot to me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Meal Plan

5 Habits to make daily cooking easy.